- John Wilkinson Ironmaster
- James Watt Industrial Revolution
- What Caused the Industrial Revolution?
- The Luddites
- The Lunar Society bringing together brilliant minds
- John Kay Inventor of the Flying Shuttle
- Lancashire Cotton Famine
- Northampton and the First Cotton Spinning Mill 1742
- Three Abraham Darby’s
- John Kay 1753-54 House destroyed by machine breakers…keeps inventing
- Silk making machinery 1745
- Population England & Wales 1780
- James Brindley Canal Builder
- Repeal of Calico Act 1774
Despite having his house destroyed by machine breakers and his own life threatened, the year before, John Kay continued to invent.
In 1754 John invented an improved carding machine which allowed the mill manufacturers to mechanise further but still they managed not to pay him for his patents.