Do you have family history connections with one of England’s least known counties, Lincolnshire? Maybe a member of your family was in the Royal Airforce and flew from one of Lincolnshire’s WWII airfields
Let Intriguing History make some connections for you…..
- The county of Lincolnshire spreads from the flat open shores of the North Sea, westwards to the Midlands and north to Yorkshire.
- The city of Lincoln was once one of the largest and wealthiest cities in England. It thrived at a time when the wool and cloth industries were at their height and it was a major strategic trading port on the River Trent.
- Lincoln Cathedral has been described as the most beautiful in England and the county’s religious importance is ancient
- The county is divided into three ancient divisions, Holland, Kesteven and Lindsey
- Famous people from Lincolnshire include, Margaret Thatcher, Sir Issac Newton, John Wesley and Lord Tennyson
To save you time, follow the links to discover more about the history of Lincolnshire and how your family history connects with it
Do you have a family tree, as well as photos, documents, anecdotal stories that could be curated and mapped in one simple site? Visit Intriguing Family History for a new way to bring your family tree to life.
Take the opportunity to view your family history in a number of different ways and see it connect to historical events, maps and other images.